About Me

My photo
TX
A 20-something HipMix.net employee, afflicted with the grace of a drunken hippopotamus, tries out the world of belly dance. She attempts to tell her tale through a mixture of sarcasm and honesty.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ewww Your Epidermis is Showing!

It took me 7 years, but I'm really starting to regret the chocolate muffins that have literally started renting jean-side property on my hips.

My coworker needed me to model a few clothing items to take updated photos of our inventory, and I lamentably had to show off my midriff in some adorable, though revealing, belly dance outfits.

I'm blaming the camera phobia and a wrongly-tilted mirror for my initial fear and apprehension for stepping out of the office I'd chosen as my dressing room.

But the funniest thing happened: the longer I stood out in that outfit, the more I wanted to keep wearing it, stomach bare and everything.

Also because the dress made awesome swishing sounds when I walked.

I have this thing about twirling in dresses. I love doing it, even when holding a plate of spaghetti in hand.

You'll have to ask my mom how she ever got the red sauce out of the white kitchen walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment