About Me

My photo
TX
A 20-something HipMix.net employee, afflicted with the grace of a drunken hippopotamus, tries out the world of belly dance. She attempts to tell her tale through a mixture of sarcasm and honesty.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Not quite a belly dancer yet / Dread meets disappointment

I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find belly dancing because, hey, I'm in Beaumont. There isn't even a Chipotle, let alone a Belly Dance class. Right?

Wrong!

Using the find function on HipMix.net, I searched for schools and instructors in Beaumont and found Kitana's Bellydance Studio (see the website or her HipMix.net profile - I love that pink outfit!).

I searched on Wednesday, and the next beginner class was on Thursday. Breathe in, breathe out.



Sometimes, the earlier the better, because this way I get it over fast before I have time to work myself into a panic attack frenzy. I can reserve the butterflies until Thursday morning when I wake up, see the date on my alarm clock, and want to curl back under the sheets.

Back to the searching - $12 a class, ok I can swing that. That's what, two drinks at Starbucks, but instead I burn calories, not consume them. I gave Kitana a call (you can find her phone number on her profile).

Unfortunately, they are in training until the end of October, so the classes have been cancelled. :(

BUT they have set me aside for a class on the first Thursday in November. So, November 4th? Prepare to be dreaded!

I have to admit, all of my talk and fear that I've been spewing all day doesn't compare to the disappointment I felt when I wouldn't be able to try this out.

I guess it's back to treadmill thumping and stationary bike riding for now. Hopefully this nice weather continues and I can find a good track outside for keeping my workout interesting. Running outside at Town Lake last Friday was such a thrill. I forgot how much I missed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment