About Me

My photo
TX
A 20-something HipMix.net employee, afflicted with the grace of a drunken hippopotamus, tries out the world of belly dance. She attempts to tell her tale through a mixture of sarcasm and honesty.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Don't Look Like Santa After Thanksgiving

It's more bad news for women everywhere! According to RealAge.com, the average woman gains 1-5 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Year's! Hooray as in, "Thanks for the pants, Grandma, but I'm going to need you to get me a bigger size."

Yes, in an already stressful time, now we have to watch our diets when everyone around us is chowing down on turkey, cakes, and other holiday goodies.

Well, hopefully you're feeling Hip+Fit, and have gotten a little trimmer.

I have to admit that I cheated. I got a flu bug over the weekend and swear I've lost an inch everywhere, including my appetite.

But not everyone gets nature's diet (haha) this time of the year. So I am going to let you in on a secret my mom always told me:

"Put less on your plate than you think you can eat."

If you're still hungry, go back for more, but you'd be surprised how little we actually need to fill us up.

As Dilara says, "Moderation is key!"

I've got a lot on my plate with work, and then holidays... but I'll be sure to post when I'm back to work after the holidays. Hopefully not plus 5 pounds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment