About Me

My photo
TX
A 20-something HipMix.net employee, afflicted with the grace of a drunken hippopotamus, tries out the world of belly dance. She attempts to tell her tale through a mixture of sarcasm and honesty.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hip+Fit: Falling off the Wagon

Well, it's been one week of Hip+Fit and I already fell off the wagon.

After that article about alcohol, I've been avoiding drinking. I even went to a bar and didn't have one sip of alcohol to drink. But Thursday after my belly dancing class, I went over to a friends to have one beer and...

It's like that commercial about good choices. I wish I could think of the product being promoted, but essentially it's a woman in split screen, making one bad choice on one side that leads to a bunch of more bad decisions, whereas on the other side she makes a good decision and continues to be healthy.

At first, the advertising major in me raised an eyebrow at that ad. I didn't believe it at all.

But last night I realized that making good decisions makes it easier to keep making good decisions, and vice versa. I had a one beer on thursday which led to three, then on Friday I had fast food, and Saturday I didn't work out like I'd planned, and so on.

Yesterday, I felt sick so I skipped my normal morning coffee. I had life cereal. For lunch, I opted for sushi. Dinner, I made some spanish rice and samosas. Then, my boyfriend asked me if I wanted a beer with dinner. I thought back to the good decisions I'd made during the day, and said no. Then, I woke up this morning and went for a run.

Of course, this is barely more than a day of good decisions, but it really made me believe in the steamroll effect of good life decisions, and just how easy it can be to get off track.

No comments:

Post a Comment